Freediving practitioners are in their lucky day. Designed specifically to prevent one of the most terrible medical conditions from which free divers often suffer - the Taravana syndrome - the Cressi Nepto dive computer aims to position itself as the key to produce safer, healthier descents.
Size is Nepto’s most apparent virtue: with a 48 mm case, this computer is one of the most compact and low-profile ever made by the Italian brand. The case encloses a 35 mm high-contrast display, protected by an anti-scratch mineral glass, and has a 120 m water resistance that makes it ideal for the full freediving spectrum.
But the Nepto’s defining feature is its innovative Taravana prevention algorithm, a computerized system with eight levels that includes, among other functions, an approach dive calculation to reduce the risk of pulmonary edema and nitrogen blood poisoning. This program has been developed in close collaboration with doctors and athletes around the world.
The Nepto also includes hydration, recovery, depth, and maximum ascent and descent alarms, as well as a practical dive logbook available both during dive sessions and downloadable to a computer via USB cable. With a case diameter of only 48 mm and a high-contrast display of 35 mm, Nepto is an extremely compact watch-computer specific for freediving.
This innovative product boasts an algorithm developed in Cressi, which protects the freediver from the risk of Taravana, and a function that avoids the risk of pulmonary edema.
Mineral glass, heavy duty case with steel buttons for resistance to water pressure up to 120 m, rubber strap with stainless steel buckle.
- Protection algorithm from taravana
- Edema protection function
- User friendly menu
- Long-lasting battery
- Heavy duty case, mineral glass
- High contrast display
- Easy access menu
- 12/24 time format with calendar and seconds
- Precision stopwatch
- Timer (countdown)
- Second time setting
- Alarm clock
- Backlit display
- Tide indicator
- Low battery indicator
- Metric or imperial units
- Long-lasting battery
- Sleep mode to increase battery life
- Battery replaceable by user
Free (Freediving) Program:
- Taravana risk reduction algorithm with 8 levels
- Pulmonary edema risk reduction function with approach dive calculation
- Display of all diving parameters
- Dive calculator
- Maximum dive depth
- Dive time
- Length of surface interval between each dive
- Length of diving session
- Maximum descent and ascent speed indication
- Depth, dive time and surface interval alarms
- Recovery time alarm
- Hydration alarm
- Alarms that can be set at dive phase
- Fresh/salt water setting
- Lock mode for snorkeling or swimming activities
- Variable data logging interval
- Available during the diving session
- Indication of session parameters and of each dive
- Optional with visualisation of diving profile